Welcome to Ruidoso, NM!
Visit Ruidoso, New Mexico, an enchanted mountain oasis. First settled by the Mescalero Apache, the area was named Rio Ruidoso by the Spanish, which literally means “Noisy River.” Deeply rooted in Native American culture and influenced by the early Spanish settlers, Ruidoso continues to maintain its rich history, combined with the amenities of a world-class mountain resort.
Now Available as an APP – Download it Today!
- Ruidoso is a quaint village tucked away in the rugged Sierra Blanca Mountains, with a plethora of activities for any traveler.
- Makes for the perfect weekend getaway or a weeklong visit for travelers from Texas, Mexico and beyond.
- Its central location is a perfect base-camp for exploring all of Southern New Mexico, which is in close proximity to Carlsbad Caverns, Lincoln National Forest and White Sands National Monument. That’s just to name a few.
- Rated as a top 16 Destination to Rent a Cabin by Tripadvisor.com.
- Ruidoso is truly the year-round mountain playground of the Southwest, offering something new to explore each season.
Relax in the beauty and serenity of the mountains while staying at one of the many lodging options which includes cozy rustic cabins and comfortable hotels, as well as luxurious lodges and resorts.
Enjoy the many restaurants in Ruidoso featuring authentic New Mexican cuisine, as well as local craft beer and tasting rooms, local wineries and coffee shops in the village. Treat yourself to an inviting hometown café, enjoy an upscale dining experience, or revel in the family fun and entertainment of the Flying J Ranch.
Experience the thrill of racing down 8,900 feet on the Wind Rider Zipline at Ski Apache, one of the longest zip–lines in the world. In the summer, the ski resort is transformed into a mountain biking mecca. For those less adventurous travelers, win big at the Ruidoso Downs Race Track, or place your bets at the casinos – Inn of the Mountain Gods, Billy the Kid Casino and Casino Apache.
Stroll the streets of Ruidoso, seeking out those unique finds in the Midtown shopping district. Take home a piece of Ruidoso history with many antique and Native American shops offering rare cultural pieces. Browse local art galleries and attend world-class performances at the famous Spencer Theater of the Performing Arts.
Celebrate your special events in Ruidoso, no matter the occasion — wedding, reunion, retreat or conference. A special event calls for a unique destination.
Explore the natural wonders and beauty of southern New Mexico. Nothing beats horseback riding, hiking and camping amid beautiful alpine forests, and scenic mountain views.
Discover the rich history and culture of the Ruidoso area. Visit the many historic and cultural attractions. Discover the Old West where Billy the Kid roamed in Lincoln County, Fort Stanton, and Fort Sumner. Experience the ancient cultural traditions of the Mescalero Apache tribe.
Use the Official Ruidoso Visitor Guide and VisitRuidoso.com to plan your next trip.View Latest Ruidoso Visitor Guide